Monday, July 12, 2010

New Item in the store!

Hi there! Well I finally got around to posting some pictures, of which I sell prints of, in the store.

There's only a few right now, as I'm finishing inventorying all the jewelry items, but I do have about 150 pictures or so of which I'll offer prints, PLUS the artwork, which I DID have done in prints - and let me tell you, AWESOME!

I've been doing photography for since about '89 or so, took it in Visual Arts Concentration at the high school I went to, had the BEST photo teacher EVER! Ms. Claire Guillemette-Lamirande! I loved (and still do!) her to pieces! She I think, understood me better than I did myself, and saw a troubled teen and offered an "easy" way to resolve issues, and pushed me to better myself in photography. We did the whole thing then, dark room, roll your own negatives, develop them, blow up your prints (trying not to blow up the darkroom ;) I LOVED it. ONE day, I will have my own darkroom in my home. It was black and white then, the old manual 35mm. But it taught me a lot, and so did she. Thanks Claire! I will never forget you! :)

I've since moved on, to digital. I had a 12X kodak for a while. Broke after less than a year. So, I jumped at the chance to switch to a Canon Rebel XS, and the best part about this baby is, you CAN go manual, AND switch lenses! awesome! now if I can get my hands on a good zoom and a good macro, I'll be happy. :) I'm posting a couple of pics below. I've had some pretty good reviews of the stuff I've taken so far, and if anyone is looking for something particular, I'm happy to give it a shot!

For the past 2 years, I've also photographed the baptisms at my local chapel, and its a blast. The first year, I got dunked, I mean, baptised, but I still ended up taking over 500 shots (did I mention I'm a shutterbug?) this year, I kept it "in check", and only took 327. I know I know. LOL! I make a CD each year (a DVD actually), and hand it out to the people that were there, free of charge. The only reason I can do this, is through the grace of the Lord.

Enjoy the pics, and as usual, comments are welcome! If you'd like to purchase a print, please see the store, or email me if there's a picture that is not yet in the store. The prints are 4X6" - $5, 5X7" - $7, 8x10" - $15, 11x17"- $35 - Other sizes are available, prices vary on size. ^_^ Note that I normally (rarely) edit my pics with colors and special effects, but I've discovered Picasa, and well, I'm in love :)

The flowers for the most part are from my own flower beds, with a few exceptions (those would be from my neighbors). The geese and horses are not mine :) but the Dog is, that is my beloved Goldie. I think she was watching my father drive away. The butterfly was taken June 20th, 2009, on my baptism day. It won 1st prize in a weekly contest held in the Sudbury Star. ^_^




I'm always looking for places to take interesting pictures. So if you know somewhere that would have such opportunities, especially flowers, animals and wildlife, please let me know! This gorgeous horse, my friend and I got lost leaving my dad's place in Hanmer, and I turned on the wrong road. These guys came right up to the fence, (which was right by the road) and we got to pet them and everything. It was an awesome experience (I'm also a horse freak!) ^_^

No comments: