Thursday, July 22, 2010

Colors of Faith, what its all about.

When I first became a Christian, a little over a year ago, I came across what some people call the wordless book. This book was so simple. It had 5 pages, each a different color. I looked it up on the net, and I was hooked with the concept.

Each color represents something in Christianity. Some websites had added 2 extra colors, and this made perfect sense to me. Ever since, I've been making Colors of Faith jewelry, donating most of it, either to friends, or at our chapel's baptisms, and once to a complete stranger. You see, this method of "showing" you are a Christian is not only tasteful, but intriguing, and who knows it may open doors for the wearer to witness to the person asking questions about the jewelry piece in question.

So, here is what the colors actually stand for.

Black = Sin
Red = Blood of Christ
White = Purity (that we get through the blood of Christ)
Green = New growth in Christ
Blue = Baptism (Rebirth)
Purple = Majesty of Christ
Gold/Yellow = Represents the streets of Gold of Heaven, and also, especially, the Light of Christ as He guides our way.
Sometimes I add a clear bead, to represent the Holy Spirit.

Its simple, but it makes so much sense when you think about it!

God Bless!

No comments: